- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed down
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Chabaso Classic baguette Loaf, or any variety, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
In a food processor combine the artichokes, parsley, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Run the machine to finely chop all the ingredients, stopping the machine a few times to scrape down the sides. Then, with the machine running, drizzle in 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add Parmesan cheese and set aside.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the ciabatta slices with the 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Grill until toasted, about 5 minutes. Spread the artichoke pesto over the toasted slices and serve.
Note: You can prepare the Artichoke Pesto ahead of time and freeze. To freeze, before adding the parmesan cheese, spoon the pesto into the cups of an ice cube tray. Tapping the tray gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Freeze for 1 day or up to 1 month. When ready to use, thaw pesto. Add the Parmesan cheese.