3 slices bacon, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
3 cups redskin potatoes
2 T minced garlic
1 cup corn
6 cups(48 oz) chicken stock
6 T plain flour
1 t salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 t dried thyme
8 oz Blue Crab meat, lump
1 cup heavy cream
2 pkgs Chabaso Potato Rustic Rolls (for bread bowl option)
1. Cut bacon and vegetables, set aside.
2. In a 4 quart pot, add bacon, cook and stir over medium high heat until extra crispy (5 mins).
3. Add vegetables, carrots, celery, onions, red bell pepper, potatoes, garlic, corn. Continue to cook and stir over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add stock, flour, salt, black pepper, bay leaf, thyme. Stir to mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add crab and cream, stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and serve immediately or cool and refrigerate until needed. Serve with Chabaso Bakery Stix™, any variety.
7. To serve in bread bowl, slice small portion, approx. top 1/8 off top of Chabaso Potato Rustic Roll and hollow out inside. When ready to serve, ladle soup into hollowed out bowls.