1 (8-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes
1 T olive oil 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T sugar 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water 1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 t chopped fresh thyme leaves Salt & pepper to taste
1 Whole Grain Demi Baguette, cut into 3/4-inch slices
1/4 cup olive oil
5 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
2 t chopped fresh thyme leaves
Sun-dried Tomato Jam:
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, onion & garlic.
2. Stir and cook until the onions are soft and beginning to brown at the edges, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the sugar, vinegar, water, broth, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the cover and continue simmering until most of the liquid is reduced and the mixture is the consistency of jam, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the baguette slices on the baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the baguette slices with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
2. Place the soft goat cheese in a small bowl. Stir in the thyme.
Spread the crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam and top with the goat cheese and herb mixture. Transfer to a serving plate and serve. Recipe can be made with any Chabaso Bakery Baguette, Demi Ciabatta, or Stix™!
Recipe Credit: Lauren Manuck GCC Dietetic Technology Program Gateway Community College