1 Chabaso Baguette, any variety
2 lb raw trimmed flank steak
2 T Sriracha sauce
2 T fresh ginger finely chopped
¼ C extra virgin olive oil
2 T soy sauce
2 T rice wine vinegar (could also use White Wine Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, or Champagne Vinegar)
3 T honey ½ t kosher salt
Bok Choy Slaw:
2 heads bok choy cabbage
2 red bell peppers
1 red onion (thick sliced)
1 tbsp Garlic chili sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare marinade by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Rub the flank steak thoroughly with the mix and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, for best results marinade overnight.
2. Cut the bok choy in half length wise. Rub the bok choy, onion, and peppers with the olive oil and then grill all sides.
3. Cut the core out of the bok choy and peppers. Shave the peppers and bok choy into long thin pieces. Toss with remaining ingredients and set aside until you are ready to assemble the sandwich.
4. To finish the sandwich, grill the flank steak to the desired temperature over a hot grill. Allow the steak to rest on a platter for 3-5 minutes.
5. While you are waiting slice the Baguette length-wise and grill cut side down.
6. Spread the Baguette with the bok choy slaw. Cut the steak into thin slices and spread out inside the Baguette.
7. Soak up any remaining juices with the top face of the Baguette before eating the sandwich.