1/2 lb Applewood smoked bacon
¼ tsp cinnamon 1 Cwhole milk
1 oz maple syrup
1 Cranberry Pecan Loaf, cut in 1 inch slices
4 oz soft cream cheese
1 t vanilla extract
2 oz soft butter
1 tsp Iemon juice
¼ C powdered sugar 1oz maple syrup
1. In a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan cook the bacon to desired crispness. Set aside.
2. While bacon is cooking prepare frosting: combine cream cheese & butter with powdered sugar in a small bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, and 1oz maple syrup. Mix until smooth. Pour into sandwich bag and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl mix milk, eggs, cinnamon, and remaining maple syrup together with a whisk.
5. Dip bread sliced in the mixture for a moment, longer for moister toast.
6. Carefully drop onto the hot bacon greased skillet. Cook both sides of the toast until golden brown.
7. Place onto serving dish and drizzle frosting on top by cutting corner of sandwich bag and squeeze over slices. Enjoy!
Note: For a healthier alternative, skip the bacon and coat skillet with all natural butter or non-stick cooking spray and serve French Toast with a side of fresh fruit.