Recipe adapted from Andrea Albin.
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 crisp red apple, such as Gala or Honey Crisp
- 1/2 lemon
- About 4 ounces taleggio cheese
- 1 Chabaso Ciabatta Baguette, sliced and toasted
- Heat the honey and thyme in a small saucepan on stove until bubbling. Remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Slice 1 of the cheeks off the apple, then thinly slice it lengthwise (reserve the remaining apple for another recipe). Rub the apple slices lightly with the lemon to prevent browning.
- Spread the cheese on the bread slices, then top decoratively with 1 or 2 apple slices. Drizzle with a little of the honey.